Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Let me read you a bed time story

Understandably, but unfortunately, many Saddam murals were destroyed during the U.S. invasion and amid Iraqi rage afterwards, so it's always a treat when I find his propoganda intact. It really gives a flavor of his weird cult of personality.

In this former palace in Mosul (now a father fetid Army combat outpost) he is protector of the innocent, caretaker of the elderly and just an all around friendly guy.

4 comments:

Joe Jaz said...

I think your lens hood is blocking the flash at the bottom of the frame in this picture

Druz said...

Yes, it was. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until it was too late. I almost never use a flash so it slipped my mind. Fortunately it didn't block his beautiful smile.

eva said...

I would call it a beatific smile.

"Grandpa Saddam! Read me a story! And do all the funny voices!"

Can't wait to see you!!!

Guilhem said...

When are you coming?