"Mister, mister - Obama?"BAGHDAD - I want to know the journey of the Obama shirt. Somehow it made its way from an election headquarters or one of those cultish memorabilia stands dotting DC, crossed the Atlantic, hitched a ride to Kuwait or Jordan, perhaps, and made it across the border into Iraq. And it's not even your standard campaign shirt - it's a somewhat obscure reference to one moment in a debate that nobody watched.
These are just a couple of the parade of hilarious shirts I see in Iraq. Knock-off soccer jerseys are the unofficial uniform of Iraqi youth and they have really odd reworkings of the label names (Addidas = Odibos? Huh?).
I've actually seen a few Che shirts, which is kind of funny in such a religious country. But it's certainly no less ignorant than the brainless college kids who sport the Che shirts.

No comments:
Post a Comment